There are a number of third-party providers that provide live chat services, with varying degrees of functionality and support. If you have already found a provider that meets the needs of your business, then you can easily incorporate that functionality into the CoreCommerce website by following the instructions of the third party platform and coordinating with our tech support team if necessary. Many integrations are very similar to the process outlined below.
However, if you have not already selected a live chat provider, CoreCommerce easily integrates with Chat4Support. (Chat4Support offers a 60-day free trial to test out the product.) You can learn more about Chat4Support and set up an account by following these instructions:
- Log in to the admin panel of your online store and click on your User Name in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on Services.
- On the screen that loads, click on Free Live Chat and then on Learn more. You will be directed to a landing page where you can download the Chat4Support software.
- You will need to obtain a few lines of HTML code that will be incorporated into your online store:
- Download the Chat4Support client software.
- Install software. (Run the .exe file that you downloaded.)
- Sign-up a new account (Click "Sign up a new account" in software. Or Sign up on the Chat4Support homepage).
- Run Chat4Support application, and login as a new user.
- Generate new chat button HTML codes.
- Note: After 5-day Professional trial period ends, your account will become a free version account or the edition you purchase.
- Note: Free Edition account will expire after 60 days.
Once you have been provided the HTML code for the chat software, here is what you'll need to do:
- Log in to the admin panel of your online store.
- Click on Site Content (left-hand menu) and click on Manage Image Widgets.
- Choose the left or right image, or click the Add New List button on the right.
- Name the widget, then click on "Add more" and add your HTML code to the Text/Code box.
- Save the page.
- Click on Design(left-hand menu) and click on Sidebar Widgets.
- From the drop-down menu in the middle, select Custom Image widgets.
- Find your widget and drag it to the left or right sidebar, then click Save.
- Note: You can also add the code to your header or footer files if you're familiar with HTML and CSS.